I am not accepting custom requests at this time. I will stock on Hyena Cart as I have openings available. 

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

And now for the good news

Well you read some bad news recently in my previous post... Somebody sure is looking out for us. On Friday - Jusitn's "D-Day" of work he got a call from a tree service looking for fulltime help. He had stopped by and filled out an application right after he found out about his lay-off, thinking that would be an option for him as we went through this. We are really feeling blessed and so thankful right now. He started work on Monday and so far is really enjoying being out in the fresh air getting some exercise. I think he'll be better able to clear his head and then focus on finding a more permanent employment position. Thanks so much for all your words of encouragement and prayers. :)

While it's so awesome that Justin found a fulltime position we still won't be where we were before, so I will be trying to kick it into high gear with my knitting. Good news for you! ;) For the meanwhile I will be working through the rest of my waiting list. You mamas waiting are so very patient and I appreciate it! I've said before I wish I had 8 arms like an octopus so I could knit fast. But alas, I only have two. I do feel like I've been flying along with projects though. I'm working on a few things for my birthday stocking on 4/20. ;) Don't forget! Should I give you sneak peek? Ok. You twisted my arm. Here's a tiny peek...




Sorry that's all you'll see until it's complete and listed in my store! ;)

I also finished Laura's "Perfect Little Booties". They were a fun new challenge to knit. I've never done booties and found myself feeling all silly and fiddly working with my double pointed needles. (For you non-knitters that's using 4 needles at once, kind of chopstick sized). Justin said I looked dangerous as I was knitting them and kept his distance. Hah!



And as a set:


Also on the needles right now is Western Sky Knit's "Cheep, Cheep" from a semi-custom slot on Universal Mama and from my waiting list for Kim I have Sugar and Spice Knits "Maple Tree" working. They just need the other leg finished up. One last one - Sunrise Over Pikes Peak will get going here soon but after those I'll be taking a couple weeks to finish up things for my 4/20 stocking and hopefully get a pair of shorties for my own son done. :) Then I'll be back to the wait list folks. Thanks for your support mamas! *hugs*

4 comments:

Comfort Wool said...

That set makes me long for a little one....sorta

Lisa said...

Oh, I'm so glad that Justin found a job...we were praying for you guys!
I just knit my first pair of booties...so fun. And they knit up so quickly! Love all your work :)

Heather said...

Great news Andrea!

Katidids said...

Glad to hear he found a job, it has to lighten the load quite a bit for you! Beautiful knitting, love those colorways!